Thursday, May 18, 2017

thank you card

One more card to share with you tonight, once again inspired by the Sparkle and Shine class at Online Card Classes and the Paper Smooches May Challenge.


I loved how Julie Ebersole's covered the butterflies on her card with sticky embossing powder and Rock Candy Distress Glitter, so I decided to try it on this card with a Paper Smooches flower stamp. I actually didn't have a stamp big enough to stamp over the entire image, so I just masked off a rectangle and then took my Versamark ink pad directly to the paper.  It's so sparkly in person, even though it's hard for me to capture on camera. I actually think the quick photo I took with my phone inside last night captures the sparkle better than the photos I took outside, so I'm using that photo and a close up from outside. The differences in the colors is kind of crazy though.




I love how it looks and I'm already dreaming about doing the same thing with snowflakes on Christmas tags. It's never too early to plan, right? :)

The background was done with a Simon Says Stamp stencil and Bo Bunny glitter paste.

I think that's it for me tonight. I hope these last few posts sound ok. I've rushing through them as my computer wasn't cooperating and it took me a lot longer to do these than I had planned on. Oh well - cleaning up the mess from making these cards can wait until the weekend, right? But if you have any questions, let me know.

Happy Friday Eve!

1 comment:

  1. OHHHHHHHH! Now that is some shimmer! FAB card- LOVE that glitter around the center panel and flower too! All around amazing! THANKS for joining in the fun with our May challenge <3

    ReplyDelete

i love your kind comments :)