Saturday, October 29, 2016

paper smooches challenge



I decided to play along with this month's Paper Smooches Challenge. It's a color challenge, and I decided some of the purples would make a fun Christmas card. Here's what I came up with:


I stamped the snowflakes from the Fresh Snow set with Versamark Ink on Tim Holtz watercolor paper, then I embossed them with Judikins Sparkle Embossing Powder. I picked out 4 Distress Ink colors that I thought matched some of the colors in the challenge, although that lightest color seemed to match better before I added the water. I used an ink blending tool to create somewhat of an ombre effect. I then sprayed it with a Perfect Pearls and water mixture so everything is nice and shimmery. I used some frame die cuts to cut out a frame. I die cut Merry Christmas twice and glued them together, then embossed it with the sparkle embossing powder, then glued that to the small rectangle. I popped up the two inked pieces with foam adhesive over a piece of cardstock with more sparkle embossing powder. I like how it turned out. The whole thing is very shimmery and sparkly.


I'm also going to send this card to the 2016 Caring Hearts Card Drive. If you like making cards, I hope you'll send some there, too.

Thanks for stopping by!!

1 comment:

  1. OHHH! I love how you thought of Christmas with these colors- clever! And look at that shimmer- WOWZA! Gorgeous card! LOVE LOVE LOVE! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with the October PS challenge! <3 Hope you join in the fun again soon!

    ReplyDelete

i love your kind comments :)